With marketing you need to be online in one way or another. I realize the importance of face to face contact and direct sales (mailings, cold call visits, teleconferencing etc.) but if you are not online, you are behind many eight balls.
With the changes that have taken place with technology in the last few years, from smart phones to ipads, the internet is becoming accessible to the far reaches of the globe. There is not much left to be considered private of course so the first note is to make sure you proceed with caution in all ventures, especially online. With that out of the way, the tools you use online can either make or break you (and your bank account!).
Currently GVO Hosting is offering a 30 day free trial that will only cost you only your email address. Now this in itself is something to consider as normally trials that claim to be free, never really are. When you get to a site, you often have to enter your credit card anyways, which kind of defeats the purpose and then they will charge you the second your trial runs out unless you cancel within the alloted time while standing upside down, changing a monkeys diaper…seriously though, sometimes many companies screw you with their “free” trial. With GVO Hosting all you will need is your email address in this killer ethical bribe.
Joel Therien, the founder of GVO is attempting to show you that his company is one that you can “know, like and trust”. With the 24 hour live support (I give them many thumbs up for this as they have helped many times over during the 20 plus months I have been a member), weekly trainings, features and benefits of the service, they are definitely people to like and trust…you just need to get to know them of course, if you have never checked them out before.
As I started to say above, you have to have an online presence to be seen these days as the yellow books and newspaper advertising are seeing drops in rates, while facebook ads is taking over google adwords. Surprisingly almost 50 percent of businesses out there today DO NOT HAVE A WEBSITE! This just amazes me to no end. For all of us marketers here in the Better Networker community, this is an open opportunity to help out and be a local marketing guru! Most of these people do not know how to do the work, or plainly enough, do not have the time to do, nor the desire to spend the time to learn all the ins and outs!
Having a complete system where you can be that local guru is critical. You have learned over and over about being able to get a list and this still applies here. The “eResponder pro” autoresponder system you get with GVO Hosting, allows you to set up as many campaigns as you want (depending on the package you go with after the trial). The opt in forms and templates they offer make it quick and easy to enter the html code into your website as well. As a safety precaution, they like to stick with the double opt-in procedure which reduces spam on both ends, but can be clicked off to go with the single opt-in. Now comparitively, you could be spending a bundle on these services throuh places like aweber and icontact, so keep that in mind as this is included in the price. The deliverability I have found to be very good and like all systems these days, email can get blocked. I have experienced an issue with TWCNY email addresses getting blocked, but received quick help from the support team on this effort.
As you set up your opt-in form, you of course need somewhere to host it. The WHM, or web host manager, allows you to basically host an unlimited number of domains with your account (again, it will depend on a package you choose after your trial). The set up here is easy as well and provides crucial tools such as cPanel with fantastico (so you can set up forums, wordpress blogs, customer support and more) which allow you to have complete control over your site. Compare this to something like the free hosting available with your GoDaddy domain purchase and you might be limited in functionality of your site. As a titanium subscriber, you may even resell your domain space. This can be a great service if you are working with local companies as you can host their sites as you help them build it up as well.
Another key benefit I have found is the easy Video producer and their provided web hosting. You can quickly make a video with your computers webcam or you can upload your own videos into this from your computer. Depending on your account, the file size can be limited to 100mb or so, which may be an issue with some videos, but there are other services that can compress them if needed. The video service allows you to embed your videos as well as set them up to autoplay, or let user control the playing, which can be crucial in your sales videos. I have even used them to host items for sale on Craigslist and ebay that will either be linked to or autoplayed, respectively. Comparing this to services like AS3, you might be able to have a larger file, but the cost are variable with AS3 and will never change with GVO Hosting as it is part of the package.
If you are a quick learner you can easily go through the training videos on your own, like I have done for the most part, or you can take part in the almost daily GVO Academy, which are live and recorded training sessions that help you build your sites and your business. Everything is discussed from blog building to list building. You can go around to forums all over and spend hours waiting for a reply, or you can spend thousands of dollars to take a course training you how to do this, or you can get it included in your account!
In terms of blog building, one of the newest services being offered with the GVO Hosting account is “blogger builder”! This allows you to easily set up your wordpress blog from within the GVO dashboard without having to go through cpanel and fantastico. You can also do quick submits or article posts from here as well instead of having to log into your wp-admin dashboard. Html is available here, but it can be somewhat limited in that there is no option to list tags and improve SEO etc., and you will need to actually log into the wp-admin for this, which is not really a difficult step in itself.
Another major feature of GVO Hosting is GVO Conference. As the price of gas continues to escalate (up to $3.79 in Central NY as of 3/24/2011) the idea of travelling for business becomes more miserable. Being able to get in front of a partner or prospect quickly with the ease of a computer is sounding better every day. GVO Conferece allows for webinars, audio, video and text chatting, whiteboard display, desktop sharing, conference recording and more. You get a 3 seat room with the platinum package or a 10 seat room with the titanium package where you can do anything from commicate with your friends and family to showing someone your business opportunity to hosting a training session for your team or clients. GVO Conference also exists as a stand alone product with 50 seat rooms for just under $9 a month, which is a story for another review of course! Compare these services to GotoMeeting and Go2webinar etc., and the cost analysis speaks for itself for the newbie marketer and those with limited budgets and smaller lists.
The next killer feature with GVO Hosting is the Competition witness, formerly known as downtime witness. This software basically allows you to spy on your competitors websites as well as keep an eye on your own. By entering their site address, you will be notified anytime their sites get updated as well as when they are down (which is crucial for your own sites of course). Not enough could be said about this in an effort to keep an edge on your competitors or to be able to see what people are doing that is making waves over the internet. Like the other features mentioned, there are other spy softwares you can use with monthly fees, but again, why pay a bunch of different bills at a higher overall cost, when it is all right here for you in this package.
Finally, as many if not all of us are interested in MLM and network marketing in one way or another, you can earn commissions with your subscription. GVO Hosting provides templates for recruiting as well as the ability to contact your downline right from the back office. GVO and Joel Therien help once you recruit with their own autoresponder series and education. They also provide Banner ads and html codes that will easily allow you to make quick additions to your blogs and websites. Quickly point someone to twitter or facebook to a link and it will take them to a capture page linked to your account (that you do not even need to set up as they will host it themselves!). You could do the alternate and pay someone to develop a quality capture page and set up your own autoresponder series to get them in….but that brings you back to the beginning of the review!
As you can see, there are some great features and benefits that are extremely competitive with individual companies that offer similar products. As technology improves to make your life easier, I highly recommend you check out GVO Hosting so they can help streamline you business as it grows.
Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question about the service. When you decide to streamline your business through one of the links above, I will be your coach as well as the wonderful trainers already inside the service and as any good marketer, will send you some nice little bonuses just for checking it out for 30 days!
I just found out from my “other” host provider, GVO Hosting, that they are going to be allowing a 30 day Free trial of their complete service which includes, but is not limited to hosting, autoresponders, video storage, live training, blogger builder, conference room for live webinars/chat etc., prospecting systems, 24 hour live support and more!
Having control over everything in the same place has helped to streamline my business as it groes. Instead of having to deal with 5 or more different places and then getting billed by 5 different places, one benefit here is the make you billing simpler that it was before. It should also bring down the cost of your montly expenses as they are extremely competitive with companies like Aweber and GoToMeeting.
For those who are just starting out, this is crucial in order to develop into an alpha marketer. When potential clients see that you have the ability to carry out all these functions, they are more apt to trust your character and listen to what you say.
Now if you are really trying to figure out the benefits of the wholesystem they have here at GVO Hosting, I have a quick list about all the major features here:
1) Hosting: Depending on the package you choose, you can get more bandwith and storage than you would ever need. I think Hosting at places like Host Gator and GoDaddy can both be good, but may be limited in their overall capabilities and whether or not they have cPanel options.
2) Auto-responders: What other way would be easier to set-it-and-forget-it. When someone opts into your log, you want them to be able to get a series of messages that may do anything from educate a person with quality content to keeping them updated to great offers and specials. Typing up a series of messages in advance will secure these get delivered to your clients in a consistent manner. Having the ability to send out a “blast” or “broadcast” on the spot helps to get a quick and easy message out to all the current members only.
3) Video Storage: Depending on the type of site you want to run, you might have videos that you include as training and want to have these protected so that not everyone can see them. Options such as YouTube and Amazon S3 are avalable, though the ability to go viral or extra money required can be an issue.
4) Live Training: many times during the week they host live training sessions online that will help you develop your sites, use the whole program to its capacity. This can be a good refresher for seasoned veterans and a blessing for newbies who are trying to learn the ropes without having to spend additional money on course.
5) Blogger Builder: Blogs are the way to go these days….you are reading this are you not? And again, this is something extra that people are worried about in regards to where and how to install this. Blogger Builder is actually the newest addition to GVO Hosting. Instead of having to go through cPanel, you will instantly be able to start a blog through your hosting dashboard
6) Conference Room: Audio, video, text chatting as well as live webinars (plus the ability to capture them) are just the beginning. You can also show live web surfing, desktop sharing and whiteboard options. I previously wrote about all these benefits in the separate GVO Conference in another blog as this is also a stand alone product and is a good idea when you need a larger conference room. Whether you are prospecting for a business or talking to a relative, the conferencing software is very beneficial.
7) Prospecting System: See above. If you are involved in online marketing, you most likely have looked into network marketing in one form or another. With easy to use opt in forms, templates and links, you can easily share your information for others to check out your service.
8) 24 Hour Live support: I can not say enough about these guys. Whether I was chatting live with tech support or submitted a ticket, I usually receive a follow up message very soon thereafter. They have helped with coding issues as well as general questions in the almost 2 years I have been their client.
So if you have been struggling to keep your accounts organized or if you’re in need for a change from your “regular” hosting provider, give GVO Hosting a try today for free for 30 days with no credit card required.